Sunday, October 4, 2009

So Nellie got another dx added to her list. She has been diagnosed with asthma. Lots of fun :( Truth be told we kind of knew it was coming, since she'd had to be nebulized a few times in the past. It seems her trigger is upper respiratory infections.
On a side note she is doing better in school, other than not eating her lunch. She has begun to join in with the music and dance at circle time. I'm looking forward to her upcoming open house so I can see how she interacts in the classroom setting. I also am anxious to meet her therapist as I have been so use to having her therapy at home and now don't get daily updates on her progress. I know she's talking more at home, but I guess not so much at school.
Her afternoon bus driver has been trying so hard to get her to talk to him and the bus aide. It's about a half hour drive and Nellie stays silent. I told them she likes to sing and maybe she would do that, but nope she just stayed mum. Her teacher said she'll talk and sing to herself in class so at least someone other than us is hearing her cute little voice.
I'm thinking of hiring someone to dress up as Sponge Bob to go to her class. She absolutely loves him. She'll either A. Have a long conversation about Bikini Bottom and the people who live there or B. Freak out and run away crying at a character she knows should only live in the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment