Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Did I hear you right, Nellie?

Something amazing has happened!!!! Truly, truly amazing! Nellie is talking. I don't mean just words she's been saying words for a long time, but full sentences that make complete sense! Praise God I understand her!
It started when Nick Jr. went out the other day and she said Mommy, you have to fix this. Today while waiting for the bus she says Mommy, what happened to my tree? (the city cut it down). I said the tree went to Heaven with Grandpa. She says: Well lets go see it lol. This has been going on for three days! It's funny because she repeats the sentences three times and I am as excited the third time she says it than the first. I understand she could regress again, but I pray she don't. Her words are so clear and her meaning is getting across.
This all may seem so silly to get excited about, but for four years I have waited to see a glimpse of what my baby is thinking, to understand the things she tries to tell me. I'll take one or two sentences a day with more joy than if she were reciting physics!!!
I know now for sure God heard me Sunday. He knew I needed to see a miracle and did He ever provide me with one! I know this is a sign from Him that yes everything is going to be just fine!

8 comments:

  1. That's great news Steph! Congrats to you and Nellie!! Go Nellie, go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord Steph!! I'm crying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET!!! Thanks for a great Anniversary present... Go Nells Bells!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Nelli, that has really made my day and put a tear in my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri Servos BrownAugust 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM

    Absolutely amazing! I knew it would all come out of her. Never NEVER give up on that little girl. She has amazing things to offer to the world. I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Congratulations, Steph! We're all praying that she keeps moving forward, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyday Nellie amazes me more and more. She has started to talk so much to me and to her friends at school it is to awesome! I love when she is here because I can't wait to hear what new words and phrases she has to say.

    ReplyDelete