Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's lacking in our educational system

This question was running through my head last night and I think I have the answer...love!! Nellie has a teacher who adores her, really, really loves her and I believe in my heart this has made all the difference! Too many teachers now have forgotten they became teachers because they loved the job. They have been jaded by children who are disrespectful and parents who deny their children cause any trouble. You know the parents that say wasn't my kid, or the ones who make excuses, therefore teaching their children they can do and say whatever they want it's not their fault after all!
I have been very blessed that Nell's has ended up in a great school full of loving people and I wonder how our educational system as a whole would be if all teachers and staff were like the ones at Nell's school. I love the fact that when my child's hurt there is someone their to hug her, when she is tired there's someone there to smooth back her hair.
I know, I know they made it "forbidden" for teacher to hug heir students. Another thing that shows how our world has changed when we can't trust those who we trust with our children. It's a sad day in age also when a little boy steals a kiss and gets a sexual harassment suit! Still I believe there are more good, kind teachers out there than ones who have evil intentions and for me I say hug my children if they need it, scold them if they are bad. I have so much respect for teachers an pray above everything that all my children only know teachers who like Nell's truly love them!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Steph. When I was doing my student teaching a little girl came up to me and gave me a hug (I was her gymnastics coach). Well one of the teachers took me aside and told me I could get in big trouble for hugging a student. Kids NEED hugs, heck there are a lot of adults out there that would be much happier if they got a hug:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means a lot Stephanie. Thank you!!!! As I have said before how could you not love that Nellie to death!!!!!!!! The only thing that matters to me is Nellie's success.

    ReplyDelete