Sunday, August 1, 2010

Me and the Lord, we have an understanding

Me and my dear friend have been shooting back and forth the Blues Brother's quotes lately. I find this quote to be more true in my life right now than any other. I truly feel right now like I do have an understanding with the Lord. An understanding is no more than a promise really. An example: I had an understanding with my neighbor that if she took out my garbage I'd walk her dog, we have an understanding.
God said to me and everyone really come lay your troubles on me, let me lessen your load. In return I want you to love Me, honor Me, and live by My word. He's kept his end. On the days I feel like I can't go on, when I haven't had a shower, forgotten to even eat, I go to Him. I say today's been rough, help me get through this and He does. Now I'm not saying that I don't cry. I have wept so much I thought for sure my eyes would go into drought mode and there was nothing left to fall from my eyes, but I turned to Him and He took my tears and wiped them away.
Tonight though I had an awaking, a really huge awakening. So huge in fact I find myself unable to sleep. I was praying and something came to me, something amazing happened. I was free!!!!! I was free of all my fear, pain, worries. God spoke to me and He told me Nellie's going to be fine, everything going on in your life is going to be fine. I gave and am still giving you gifts and you need to work with those gifts and form them into the plan I have set forth. I am thankful, glad, and even excited to accept these gifts and to have an understanding with God. I need to keep my end of the bargain though and make sure these gifts are used for His perfect plan!
To quote once more from the Blues Brother's: I'm on a mission from God!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steph...you don't know me but I am blessed to be Candi's mother...she has told me so much about you, Nellie, and your family's journey...I just wanted to say God Bless you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue's Brothers quotes? nerd :D

    ReplyDelete