Saturday, July 31, 2010

The mystery that is you

All my other kids at four were very open with what they thought. Not Nellie though. I can see the little gears in her brain turning, but usually she just ends up telling me something about Sponge Bob or Buses. Nellie loves, loves, loves, buses. We cant go down a street and not have ever bus pointed out while she screams A BUS! Perhaps that is the extent of her worries in life, when she'll see the next bus. How bad could that be! Not terrorist attacks, fires, or illnesses, but simply buses.
There are many mysteries that are Nellie. Like how she can spin and spin and never get dizzy. Why she'll eat ketchup on a McDonald's hamburger, but if it's an anything else she acts like we are trying to poison her. Okay she does kind of get this from me, but my things onions. I can eat them on burgers, but nothing else. I wonder what she finds so fasinating in a spinning bike wheel that it can keep her attention for more than 5 minutes.
Yes, Nellie is a mystery as is the pyrimids, grand canyon. Amilia Earhart's plane. The many things in life that have boggled minds for centuries. She is a puzzle, but one I'm happy to sit and put together.

1 comment:

  1. Its the mysteries that keep life interesting, as if I need to tell you that! Enjoy your weekend with the Munchkins:)

    ReplyDelete