Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The voice of understanding

For two days I have been talking to a mother who understands, truly understands. I can't tell you how good that feels. There is a relief to have someone who can answer my questions, lessen my fears, and generally just laugh with. I want to thank her (you know who you are).
For so many years I have been on what I'll describe as a darkened path. As the tests began coming back a bit more light shone through, but still not enough to see the dangers and pitfalls. By finding just one other person It was like the light switch was turned on and I could see there was actually two paths. One led me toward the darkness again. That place of self pity, and why mes. The other led to a beautiful field filled with wild flowers where people stood waiting to tell me, Hey, it's going to be okay. Let me show you how to get past these obstacles and what lies beyond is even better than what you see here.
I have to thank modern technology for bring together people who may have never had the light bulb turned on and the places that help bring them together. These are the road signs with the arrows and all we have to do is follow them. Once in a while though we have to stop and ask directions so that one day we'll be the ones with the voice of understanding, the guides that lead someone into the light!

2 comments:

  1. Steph ~ I totally understand how wonderful it is to find someone that can relate. I am so glad that your mindset seems to be on the up-swing. You're right, with this blog you will now be the one leading others to see the light:) Keep smilin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin I know you know all about that dark path too!

    ReplyDelete