Tuesday, July 27, 2010

One step forward one step back

Nellie potty trained in March. I was so thankful to her school since I truly believe it was the positive reinforcement she got there since they took all the kids at once. You know monkey see monkey do. Well anyway I was thrilled lol. No more diapers for a 60 pound kid (which by the way are not easy to find!). So fast forward 4 months and now what is Nellie doing...that's right the floor is her bathroom. She will only pee in the potty. This is one time I am thankful she has hard stools! Not only this, but she is peeing at night,which she hadn't been doing. She used to wake up screaming until one of us got up to take her. Not anymore now she just pees my bed.
It feels funny asking an almost four year old why they pooped on the floor, though I know she won't answer I still ask. It's as bad as me having to constant remind a few of the kids that we must wear clothes it's improper to walk around naked all the time! Again not something I thought I'd be saying everyday.
I titled this one step forward one step back since that seems to be how things go for Janelle. She is doing better in some areas and every time that happens she regresses in others. Why oh why does it have to be the use of the potty she's regressing on???????

No comments:

Post a Comment