Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nellie is a gift from God!!!!! She is!!!!

And I have proof :) Here is what the bible says about being disabled:

2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Romans 5:3-5

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.


1 Peter 4:1 ESV
Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
,
I save the best for last:
Exodus 4:11

Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?

Repeat hat last verse. That's right the Lord has made her with His perfect plan in mind. I am trying my best with this blog and other means to do what I think God's plan is, to reach out to other families. To hug them, pray for them, whether or not we have ever or will ever meet. In my heart I believe He wants me to spread the word you are not alone.
It's my faith that has given me my strength to get through everything. Yes, it would be easier to pick up a bottle of booze and drown away all the pain, to hide from the fears I have for Janelle, it takes so much more strength to say I trust you God. I know You have blessed me with my child for a reason and I except this gift and will use this gift to do what it is You want me to.

I'll end the blog with this. The bible says:
And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

(Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)
So now ask me again how I can believe in a God who makes a child like Janelle and I say again, HOW CAN I NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment