Friday, July 30, 2010

A poem "I understand"

The words you want to say won't come
and fustration sweeps across you face
You have so much you want to say
but it all gets lost along the way
I understand

I know that sometimes people scare you
and people look at you as though you're different
It's ok, there are many people who never will
but those that love you do
They understand

When you're hurt and come to me
I rub your arm
and you look at me
You know I wish I could take your pain away
You understand

When you look upon a bright blue sky
or watch the snowflakes fall
You know these are gifts from God
Just as you were to me
He understands

I know understanding isn't something everone has
and people will sometimes be mean
I know that as you grow kids will laugh at you
and not want to be your friend
They don't understand

But I do
Our family does
Our friends do
and most of all God does.
And in the end those are the people who matter!

There will be time to help so many
come to the point of understanding
If they take just a moment to see you for who you are
they will see everything you have to offer
Then they too will understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment