Friday, July 30, 2010

This is when I wish she could communicate better

My poor Nellie. As many know she has a problem with her foot that makes her walk on the side of it. Well wasn't she spinning in a circle's and fell down. I swear yesterday was the day for children's accidents. Just from a few of my friends yesterday I heard about a bloody lip, a broken arm, and a few scrapes and bruises. So anyway, back to the foot. She must have hit it on the end table when she went down because the only mark I could find was a slight indent on the top of her foot. She screamed though, and Nellie only cries if something really, really hurts.
I debated for an hour whether or not to take her to the er. It wasn't bruising or swelling so my heart told me no she'd be okay. I had someone else look and they said it looked fine too. Still she limped and said my foot, my foot. I tried to ask her to point to where it hurt (to figure out if it was her foot, ankle, heel etc), but to no avail.
These such times are when I wish she could tell me things more clearly. I'm so afraid of her being hurt and not being able to tell anyone where it is that is injured. Or God forbid she gets sick and can't show us where the pain is.
I will say I am getting better at the guessing game with her and if I point to something and say boo boo she will sometimes shake her head no. At least that does help narrow things down!

No comments:

Post a Comment