Monday, August 9, 2010

How hard it is to hear her cry


It is gut wrenching to hear my child scream for food. Yesterday we started to change our eating habits and Nellie is not taking to it. She spotted lunch meat in the fridge and collapsed to the floor in a fit until I threw it out, after all out of sight out of mind. Then the cheese ball fiasco (as it will always be known in my house) began. She saw them on the very top shelf (pretty impressive with a visual impairment) and for over an hour I heard...But mommy cheese balls, cheeeeeesssssssseeeeeee balllllllllsssssss, blended with sobbing and tears. Once it came time for bed she finally calmed, but I swear in the middle of the night echos of the words cheese balls were still floating through the air.
I know she had enough to eat and starvation was in fact not happening, but still it was difficult to know in her mind she was still very hungry. This is going to take some getting used to and hopefully soon she will understand or at the least get used to our new lifestyle!
Oh, and as for the cheese balls they met the same fate as the lunch meat somewhere a pack of sea galls are having a feast of ham and cheese balls thanking me for the changes in my home.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, poor Steph. Just try to make sure she has healthy snacks available for those times she really wants something to snack on. I know she is picky, but I'm sure there is something she likes that is good for her!

    And on another note, where the heck do you find cheese balls?! I've been looking for them forever and cannot find them anywhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't make planters anymore!!!!!!! Golden Gormet is the next best!!!!

    ReplyDelete