Friday, August 6, 2010

Some days I don't feel like writing this

There are some days when I just feel down. I know I always come across as happy and upbeat so today I will share with you what stinks! The things that really get to me. Maybe I am writing this since we have an appointment with the developmental ped today and I always dread those appointments. So here's my list:
It stinks when people look at us funny when we are in public! Seriously one can tell Janelle is disabled why stare at me like I have this out of control child who talks loudly and screams indoors!
It stinks that I watch my child go through so much and struggle daily.
It really stinks that I have more medical knowledge than most first year med students! Okay this may not be all that bad.
It stinks that my older children can recite a list of their sisters medical problems because I taught them in case of emergencies!
Okay that's a shortened list. To be honest my list of things I adore is longer, but on days like today it's harder to see those things. Like a dark cloud has blocked them from view. It's on these days when I want to go hide, but I can't Nellie needs me. Right now she is still sleep and I went in and gazed at her peaceful face. When she's asleep you'd never know there was a thing wrong with her and I like to think when she's asleep in her dreams she can do all the things everyone else can. That she is in a happy little world where she don't need doctors, tests, therapies. You know I think I'm gonna end this early today and go join her for some cuddle time :)

4 comments:

  1. Steph, I know that it must be hard to see her not be able to do things the way other kids do. But just try to remember that she seems to always find a way to do things, and if it is something she really just can't do, she doesn't seem to mind. Her life just is to her. She has never known any different and therefore does not know to mourn what could have been.
    And on days like today, try to remember to see the world as Nellie sees it. Everything is beautiful!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are having a tough day. I will pray for good news at your appointment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a mother like you and the family that she has, Nellie will be just fine! She will succeed in life and when she is older she will thank you for everything you have done for her.

    ReplyDelete